Having problems with the app? Run through these troubleshooting steps, as they resolve most common issues with the app.
First Steps anytime there's a problem:
1) Close all your apps and reboot your phone.
2) Make sure you are connected to the internet and the connection is strong.
3) Turn on Airplane Mode for a minute and then turn it back off, to reset the internet connection.
4) If you are having difficulties getting good internet signal at the location, try going into Offline Mode.
5) Check that Location Settings is on.
6) Log out of the app and then log back in (in My Profile > Edit).
Second Line of Attack, if the issue seems to be longer-lasting:
8) Make sure you're running the latest version of the Operating Software for your phone.
9) Uninstall the App and restart your phone, then re-install the App from the Play Store or App Store.
If you have tried all of the above steps and are continuing to experience the issue, please Submit a Support Request with the following info:
1) The text of the error message, if there was one.
2) Step-by-step what you were doing when the error message came up.
3) Has this ever happened to you before?
4) What kind of phone do you have?
5) What phone carrier do you use?
6) What OS version do you have on your phone?
7) What version of the Gigwalk app are you using?